Firstly, a QR code stands for quick response code and they are expected achieve widespread use this year because consumers want instant access to relevant content and QR codes can be used to enable this.
Although QR codes are a relatively new phenomenon here in the UK they have been around and in use in Japan for over a decade already.
Now there are many uses for these QR codes such as:
- Sharing – You can create a QR code that can link to any piece of content like a URL, Video or special offer
- Building Community – You can create a code that gets people to LIKE your Facebook page or connect on LinkedIn
- Calls To Action – You can create multiple special offers and send consumers directly to each offer
- Going Mobile – a QR code can also be used to build subscribers on a mobile marketing list
Now you may be asking where can you use QR codes in your business? So here is a couple of places where you could add a QR code to help boost your business today:
- On your business cards
- On all your marketing materials, flyers, posters, menus etc.
- You can add to the sides of your van or trucks
- Place them in the windows of your business premises
Another place QR codes are already in use is in Google Places, when you have claimed your local listing you can create a special offer coupon and within your places account that coupon will create a QR code which will send consumers directly to that special offer.
Now this represents a huge opportunity for business owners and the potential is HUGE because QR codes are bringing people together through technology with a good user experience.
So with this in mind what ideas do you have to drive your business forward with QR codes in 2011? Please post your thoughts in the comments section below.